Please select a method below to apply
- Application Pamphlet (Apply by Postal Transfer): Fill out application form and send by postal transfer with registration fee
- Travel Agent: Apply with a travel agent for a marathon tour to arrange travel and registration
- Internet: Apply via the tournement homepage at http://kumejima-marathon.com
- Family Mart: Apply at Family Mart Kiosk (FamiPort)
- Locals: Direct Application to Marathon Office
*Please note that we do not accept applications by postal transfer aside from paper (no electronic format).
Kumejima Marathon Application Sites
|Sports DEPO Naha Shintoshin Location||1-2-1 Ameku, Naha City||098-861-0460|
|Sports DEPO Tomigusuku Location||1-411 Toyosaki, Tomigusuku City||098-851-1150|
|Sports DEPO Gushikawa Location||360 Morihara, Maehara, Uruma City||098-974-8660|
|Okinawa Times Headquarters||2-2-2 Kumoji, Naha City||098-860-3000|
|Okinawa Times Southern District Office||268 Kochihira, Kochihira, Yaese||098-835-7651|
|Okinawa Times Cubu Branch||35-5 Nakasone Town, Okinawa City||098-939-1122|
|Okinawa Times North Branch||Civil Engineering Building Second Floor, 2-6-5 Minato, Nago City||0980-53-3611|
Please apply via the sites below.
Internet Application: June 24, 2016 (Fri) – September 16, 2016 (Fri)
Family Mart: June 24, 2016 (Fri) – September 16, 2016 (Fri)
Postal Transfer: June 24, 2016 (Fri) – September 23, 2016 (Fri)
Must be postmarked by date above
*Locals please apply directly to the marathon office by Wednesday September 24
*If the tournament is stopped due to bad weather, natural disastors or other reasons the entry fee will not be refunded.
|June 24 (Tuesday)||Start Application Acceptance||Internet or Postal Transfer Application|
|September 16 (Friday)||Internet Application Deadline||Internet Applications End|
|September 16 (Friday)||Family Mart (FamiPort) Application Deadline||FamiPort Applications End|
|September 23 (Friday)||Postal Transfer Application Deadline||Postal Transfers must be postmarked by this date|
|Early October||Entry Notifications||We will send entry notifications (number card/bib exchange ticket) one week before the competition.|
|October 22 (Saturday)||Participant Registration (13:00-19:30)||Location: Nakazato Sports Ground Gym|
|October 23 (Sunday)||Competition Day||Opening Ceremony 7:20|
- Transportation and lodging is limited so please plan in advance and make reservations as soon as possible.
- In the event of omission or incomplete application your spot may not be reserved, and due to lack of timing record no award will be availiable. Please be careful.
- Participants will always run on the left side of the road. Please follow the instructions of tournament directors.
- Participants without a displayed number card will not be allowed on the course for escort or running.
- Timing measurments are performed by RT Torso. Tags attached to number cards record time, because tags are attached in advance do not remove them until after you cross the FINISH line.
- Bearing in mind your health, please have a complete physical in advance of participation.
- On the day of event please stop competing immediately and contact staff if mood, body tone, or heath becomes poor. In addition, if a doctor or referee asks you to stop please do so immediately.
- Please do not drink alcohol the day before, before, or during the race.
- The organizers will perform only first aid for injuries that occur during the competition and do not accept liablility for accident or theft.
- After crossing the FINISH line please return your timer tag to the STAFF tables. If you do not compete or stop mid-race please return your tag as well. There will be a 2000yen fee for lost or damaged tags.
- Please manage your own luggage and valuables. The organizers accept no liability or responsibility in the event of theft or damage.
- Please be aware that non-event vehicles or stopovers are not allowed due to safety concerns and that any players escorted will be disqualified immediately.
If you cannot receive your participation prizes, please contact us and we can send it to you (Cash on Delivery).
Participants acknowledge the following items when applying for the tournament
- The Organizer takes no liablility or responsibility for loss, theft, accident, diseases or other issues except for first aid.
- Applications cannot be changed or cannceled.
- If false declaration of age, sex, apperance, or applicant occurs that application will be canceled.
- Entry fees will not be refuneded for event cancellation due to incliment weather, accidents, or natural disasters, nor for excess payment, duplicate payment, or items 2 and 3 above.
Publication rights such as TV, newspapers, magazines, internet video, photographs, articles or records of the tournament belongs to the organizer.
Address: Kume Island Marathon Office
Kumejima Town Office Tourism Promotion Section
2870 Higa, Kumejima-cho Shimajiri-gun, Okinawa, 901-3108, Japan